The 2019 Blackpool Air Show will take place on Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th August.
Blackpool launched the worlds first official air show 110 years ago in 1909, an historic year in aviation when French aviator Louis Bleriot made the first crossing of the English Channel in a heavier than air aircraft.
Since those early days Blackpool Air show has been at the forefront of family entertainment air shows, with exciting flying programs designed to appeal to all the family.
In the intervening years Blackpool Air Show has showcases the best of civilian aviation daredevils and military aerial prowess with stunning displays from Jet aircraft formation flying, daredevil wink walkers barnstorming stunt flying and not only fixed wing aircraft, the enigmatic Calidus, a Blackpool favourite, and the awesome Chinook helicopter display the sky’s above Blackpool will thrill and delight he whole family.
This year with the ever popular Red Arrows away touring the United States the headline fast jet display is being delivered by the Breitling Jet display team who are sure to put on a jaw dropping display to close each days events.
The stunning Blackpool sands and iconic Tower make a unique backdrop to one of the North West’s finest air shows. The primary action takes place between North Pier and Central Pier, Tower Festival Headland, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY1 4BJ.
There are also static displays and stands on the Headland with something to entertain and surprise everyone.
Saturday 10th August 2019
- 1:30pm Typhoon FGR4. RAF Eurofighter.Visit RAF Typhoon display team website.
- 1:43pm Muscle Pitts S2S Special.
- 1:56pm AeroSuperBatics Wing Walkers. Our wingwalkers are seen live by over 6 million spectators each year in the UK alone. They perform a breathtaking sequence of acrobatic manoeuvres and handstands whilst strapped to the top wings of the team’s beautiful Boeing Stearman biplanes. The team pilots fly the aircraft through a well rehearsed energetic routine of dazzling aerobatics and close formation flypasts as the wingwalkers wave at the crowd. These manoeuvres include, loops, rolls, stall turns and even inverted flight! During all of this, the wingwalkers experience speeds of up to 150 mph and ‘G’ forces of up to 4G! Wing Walkers website.
- 2:17pm Lancaster, Spitfire & Hurricane Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (BBMF).Visit the BBMF website.
- 2:38pm RAF Chinook display team. RAF Chinook display team website.
- 2:55pm Avro Anson.
- 3:06pm Bulldog.
- 3:17pm Calidas Autogyro. The enigmatic Calidus Gyrocopter is next to tickle our fancy, quirky but great fun. Piloted by Peter Try-Davies visit website.
- 3:28pm The Blades Aerobatic Team.
- 3:49pm T6 Harvard Flying Display. T6 Harvard Display team website.
- 4:00pm Extra & Yak 50.
- 4:11pm Breitling Jets Display Team. .
Sunday 11th August 2019
- 1:30pm Typhoon FGR4. RAF Eurofighter.
- 1:43pm AeroSuperBatics Wing Walkers.
- 2:04pm Lancaster, Spitfire & Hurricane BBMF.
- 2:25pm RAF Chinook display.
- 2:42pm Avro Anson.
- 2:53pm Bulldog.
- 3:04pm Calidas Autogyro.
- 3:15pm The Blades Aerobatic Team.
- 3:36pm T6 Harvard Flying Display.
- 3:47pm Extra & Yak 50.
- 3:58pm Muscle Pitts S2S Special.
- 4:11pm Breitling Jets Display Team.
A really exciting programme for the 2019 Blackpool Air Show is being assembled and Blackpool anticipates welcoming tens of thousands of people into the resort for the two days.
All the aerobatic display teams we witness at Blackpool Air Show are breathtaking and this year’s display is sure to be a fly away success.
Blackpool Air Display 2019! See you there.
Information on this years Blackpool Airshow here.
Note that all the displays are subject to availability and suitable weather conditions on the day. The flying programme may therfore be subject to change without prior notification.
Tower Festival Headland Promenade Blackpool Lancashire FY1 4BJ Tel: 01253 478222
You may also like to see Blackpool festivals and events.